EtcMiscellaneous Thoughts and Ideas
Mojang does not advertise the monster that are resource packs, they already have a lot of functionality and I only cheer for more. You can animate nearly anything, nearly anything. connected textures are also possible, also randomized blocks. You can also change where on a player an item will show, it's bonkers!
Examples of what can be done
- Bushier tree leaves (maybe even non-cubic), animated texture for the wind, as well as randomized blocks;
- Twisting vines that slowly twist themselves, chains that sway a little with the wind (previously with texture animations but now with vertex shaders);
- Chorus plant log with small flowers (randomized) as well as "weeping" chorus flowers with vines protuding out of bounding box;
- Fixed stair and double slab textures;
- Redstone wire resembles actual wire with insulation, 3D models, hoppers visibly connect to other blocks, smaller repeaters and comparators;
- Flowers bloom and open as time goes by, saplings, grass, and wheat that wave with the wind;
- "Dirty" concrete with randomized textures/blocks and dirty edges (when not connected to other blocks); slightly damage to tiles on blocks like cut sandstone, quartz bricks; variated damage on cracked blocks;
- Customized tools and hats (tagged carved pumpkin);
- Completely custom items without mods.
Fabulous graphics are not just correct transparency
Fabulous! graphics enables shaders. SHADERS! That's right, so far they aren't like OptiFine shaders but there are pixel & vertex shaders. Here are some pretty good ideas:
- SSAO - This is the greatest shader of All Time
- Realistic tinted glass - instead of averaging the background and the glass, have its colors be multiplicative. oranges and whites are incredibly red when seen through red glass, but not as blue if seen through blue glass.
- Analog video feed effect
- Bloooooooom ( ﾟヮﾟ)/ ☆
- Motion blur ( ´uωu`)
- Waaaaaaaaving leaves~ and waving water~
- The usual waving leaves, plants, waving water, you know, the thing literally every single shader for every single shader mod in existence has.
- Player "hair" and "clothes" shaking in the wind
- Glow-in-the-dark blocks
- Different elytra anngles
- Animating non-animatable textures such as player skins
- Orthographic projection, or "isometric perspective"